What we are
We are a premium early childhood service provider, we offer high teacher to child ratios and have an excellent local reputation for helping children to be fully prepared for School.
Our Vision is to “Free the child’spotential, and you will transform him into the World” Dr Maria Montessori.
What does this mean for my child?
• They are fully prepared for School • They have good social skills • They have confidence in their abilities • They respond positively to teacher direction • They become independent learners
At Ōrākei Montessori Preschool we are:
• Montessori focussed
• Nurturing & respectful
• Inclusive, appreciate diversity & child centred
• Creative, innovative & responsive
• Professional & ethical
- Having an environment dedicated to creating a community of caring individuals
- Encouraging a child’s natural love of learning.
- Promoting intellectual growth and academic excellence.
- Ensuring our Montessori values ethnic differences and supports economic diversity.
- Preparing each child to be adaptable and self-confident.
- Providing a broad based and diverse curriculum tailored to each child’s unique interests and strengths.
- Fostering independence.
Visit our parents page to get ideas for implementing Montessori principals at home
Term Dates 2018
Term 1 Monday 29 January to Friday 13 April
School Holiday Programme 22nd - 27th April
Term 2 Monday 30 April to Friday 6th July
School Holiday Proramme 16th - 20th July
Term 3 Monday 23rd July to Friday 28th September
School Holiday Programme 8th - 12th October
Term 4 Monday 15th October to Fri 21st December
Term 1 - Parents Evening Wednesday 21st February 7.30pm.
Shared Lunch (Chinese New Year) 1st March
Grandparents Lunch Thursday 15th March
Parents Evening Wednesday 16th May 7.30pm
Mothers Evening Picnic - 24th May
Parents Evening Wednesday 8th Aug, 7.30pm.
Dad Fish & Chip Night - 6th Sept
Parent/Teacher Meetings - 21st Sept
Trip to Butterfly Creek - 25th Sept
Scary or Fairy Halloween Party - 31st Oct
Christmas Party - Date to be arranged
A Montessori Preschool has been situated on our grounds since 1993, as from January 2016 Pauline Roberts (Head Teacher for the past 8 years) is now the new owner and team leaderr). Our trained and experienced teachers are committed to provide quality Montessori Education for children from 20 months to 6 years of age. Our warm and friendly environment includes two purpose built and fully equipped classrooms and an outdoor area set among mature native trees. We are licensed for 40 children per session and offer 20 hours of ECE subsidy from 3 years of age. We are a MANZ (Montessori Association of New Zealand) member school, our teachers attend MANZ conference each year to keep abreast of current best practice.
For more information about Montessori education please view our FAQ's page.
Our latest ERO Review from Novemebr 2017 is now available click here
The Report affirms the high quality of our teaching programme here at OMP.
Every week we have coaches from Playball visit us and work with our Tui Class children to improve their gross motor skills through fun games and activities. This activity is free for all Tui Class children.