What we are
We are a premium early childhood service provider, we offer high teacher to child ratios and have an excellent local reputation for helping children to be fully prepared for School.
We want to inspire your child to become a life-long learner as an outcome of our nurturing care and Montessori teaching.
What does this mean for my child?
• They are fully prepared for School • They have good social skills • They have confidence in their abilities • They respond positively to teacher direction • They become independent learners
At Ōrākei Montessori Preschool we are:
• Montessori focussed
• Nurturing & respectful
• Inclusive, appreciate diversity & child centred
• Creative, innovative & responsive
• Professional & ethical
At Ōrākei Montessori Preschool we acknowledge the privilege we have in caring for your child by:
• Providing high quality Montessori education by qualified teachers.
• Developing strong positive partnerships with all families and whānau.
• Providing a safe, friendly and fun environment with purposeful activities.
• Being flexible and open to change to facilitate continuous improvement.
Visit our parents page to get ideas for implementing Montessori principals at home
Term Dates 2017
Term 1 Monday 23 January to Thursday 13 April
School Holiday Programme 24th - 28th April
Term 2 Monday 1 May to Friday 7th July
School Holiday Proramme 17th - 21st July
Term 3 Monday 24th July to Friday 29th September
School Holiday Programme 9th - 13th October
Term 4 Monday 16th October to Wednesday 20th December
Look out for more fund raising events soon. Thanks to the fabulous "Fund Raising Committee" we had an absolutely faboulous Cinema Night in 2016 which was followed by an incredulous "Granny Bingo" night. These nights help fund the improvements you see outside - namely the safe surfacing & the new playground equipment
A Montessori Preschool has been situated on our grounds since 1993, as from January 2016 Pauline Roberts (Head Teacher for the past 8 years) is now the new owner and manager). Our trained and experienced teachers are committed to provide quality Montessori Education for children from 20 months to 5 years of age. Our warm and friendly environment includes two purpose built and fully equipped classrooms and an outdoor area set among mature native trees. We are licensed for 40 children per session and offer 20 hours of ECE subsidy from 3 years of age. We are a MANZ (Montessori Association of New Zealand) member school, our teachers attend MANZ conference each year to keep abreast of current best practice.
For more information about Montessori education please view our FAQ's page.